Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Real Food Challenge "Kinda" lol



    For the month of January I want to do a food challenge each week and layer the challenges to see how well can I adapt to a healthier way of eating. Next month I will be doing my best to maintain consistency. So for this weeks food challenge, I am going to be doing the Real Food Challenge. From what I read you have to eat organic fruits and veggie, drink natural juices, teas, milk and can have package items with 5 ingredients in it or less. That’s all fine and dandy but organic food cost to damn much and I am on an extremely tight budget of $20.00 for this week so I plan on following the rules BUT not buying organic until I can afford organic and I won’t be following the juice part at all! Right now I need my diet drinks until I get the hang of making delicious teas. Now that we are got that out of the way, this is what my grocery list looks like:


Shrimp
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower
Celery
Salad
Tomatoes
Red Onion
Salad Dressing
Head Lettuce
Green Bell Pepper

I do have some things in my fridge that I don’t have do buy (thank god!) so I just be ok with this list. I’m praying I will be able to get everything for $20.00 dollars and I will report back with the haul. In my weight loss video/blog psot, I am going to show what meals I made with this list. Wish me luck!!!! :O)

Update!

I spent $28.56, which is a total fail to me. The only reason why I was able to spent the extra $8.56 is because I did a return today on my mother’s pour shield guard that I got for her Kitchen Aid mixer and also with the help of some change in my purse. I really was trying to save as much as I could but I have a bad habit of spending every dime to my name and being broke until the next payday! Ugh! Lol I did have to get some things that weren’t on my shopping list like baking soda and green onions but those 2 things are not the reason why I went over budget. That’s ok, I plan on doing a $20.00 budget next week as well until I am successful and I will continue to do this until I start making more money. Now lets pray that this food will last until Friday! Lol :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment